<Umeshu* Tomato Compote>
*Umeshu is Japanese plum wine that is available at many local liquor stores.
- Tomato x 4 – peeled in hot water
- Umeshu:water, 2:1, fill in the pot enough to cover the tomatoes
- Sugar 1/2 cup
bring to boil, and flambé, then cook another 15-20 min at low-mid heat. Chill in the fridge at least a few hours.
<Quinoa & Pear Salad>
- Quinoa (I cooked about 2 cups)
- Asian pear x 1, sliced
- Celery x 1, sliced
- Juice from Sudachi** x 3 (mince some zest from one of them and mix into the salad)
- Olive oil
- Juice from Umeshu Tomato Compote
- S & P
**Sudachi is a type of Japanese citrus. You can sub it with lime.